We all have bad days, it’s inevitable. These days can be caused by so many things, making them difficult to avoid. It can happen anywhere from getting the wrong look from someone on the subway to forgetting your favorite lunch at home. I like to take a new approach to turning my own day around when it doesn’t start off on the right foot. I’ve been making a conscious decision to begin trying to brighten someone else’s day which in effect, brighten’s my own. You should give it a try, too!
Here are some easy ways to make sure everyone around you has a great day.
- Pay for the drink order behind you in the line at Starbucks.
- Say “hello” to a stranger on the street that wasn’t expecting it.
- Ask someone new at work how their day was.
- Text a friend you haven’t seen in a while to grab brunch this weekend.
- Call your Grandma.
- Text a sibling.
- Add an extra tip onto your dinner bill.
- Ask a co-worker how work is going and see if they need help with anything.
- Run in front of someone to hold for the door for them.
- Compliment someones clothing.
- Write a “thank you” note to your super, mailman, or wherever you get coffee from everyday.
Try one of these and report back! Any one of these can make a huge difference in someone’s day because you never know what they’re going through. Do you have any favorite ways to brighten someones day of your own?
What I’m Wearing // This sweater is the coziest! It’s as chunky as they come and hits right above the waist, which is my ideal length. Having a sweater that hits right above the waist gives your legs a little more length. (I need that) The sweater is from H&M Wide-Cut Turtleneck and less than $80. You will not want to take it off! See the rest of my outfit details below!
SHOP THE POST